November 20, 2011
Have Love lost it's meaning?

what is it that is truly in within your control?
whatever it is, don't let Love slip.



It's the fizzy feeling again. Even after I'm out of the cinema and a good many hours later I am still thinking about it, it made me drove at 60kmph on the highway all the way home earlier, and now as I am here staring on the screen, my mind is still buzzing with fragments of the movie flashing in my head.. frantically seeking for a dissimilarity or of some answers.. none.


the culprit is, You Are The Apple Of My Eye, by Giddens Ko


What I found particularly interesting is that in so many ways I see myself in the shoes of the main lead, Teng Ko; of course I am way off in the looks department, am nowhere as charming nor do I have half his humour, but I do have a bunch of 'brothers' that I can fool around with, have fights and have no secrets between too, I do also have a thing with Apples.. (both my tumblr & twitter account are 'crunchyapples' afterall), and lastly I do punch the wall too. haha, but I certainly do not walk around my house completely naked, only, Just half x]

but that aside, what hit me like a subway train is the apple of his eye.. Yi Shen, the girl of his dreams. From the direction of the film, it seems to me, Love can be a cruel cruel thing. It is often more painful than it is blissful.. in it there is hope, but equally there is loss.


They were perfect. They were a match-make in heaven, but why didn't they last? WHY!!

it was just that ONE incident.

Just ONE DAY, ONE INCIDENT and that was it. was their fight really worth it?

no.

should they get back together?

did they?

it doesn't matter, because the fact is that they didn't.

it is already too late. We can only question.



As with my own story..


We had a thing going. Ultimately, (like in the movie)

it was a singular incident, one uneventful day, one mistake, followed by one decision.

and that was it.

just like them, we drew our end.


Things change.


We used to be able to hold conversations that lasted hours; the last time I met her we spoke less than 5 sentences. We were complete strangers again. Whatever happened..


I think I can live a lifetime but still never figure this thing called Love.


Can we really watch our ex lovers move on in life and be (truly) happy for them? What if they were meant to be, suppose to be, a match in heaven? like Teng Ko and Yi Shen in the movie? Why then did the gods pull them apart? Can Teng Ko really be happy for her marriage? Can Yi Shen really be happily married without her past haunting her? Is it even possible? Wouldn't living be a torment knowing what could've been or should have been if that ONE DAY ended differently.. if one of them had savage the situation, apologized or just gave in?


why would the gods mock their very creations and what is fate when Love never comes back?


Even to the very end of the movie there wasn't an answer..

I probably wouldn't find one in mine either.



I guess then..




There simply isn't one.





I think I am going to have a love-hate
relationship with this film for a long time to come










The Secret.

Facebook Tumblr


The Need.

Graduate with a smile
The nice soft hair I once had
Prosumer Camera (maybe)
A good inspiration
A long vacation
A Car, a Bike and a Puppy
Everlasting love?
Whatever else that makes me happy



My Escapes.

Aaron Ng Aloysius Ong Christine Christopher Chia Cynthia Neo Elyza Jace Wong Johan Luke Chen Pamela How Priscilla Tan Regina Hoh Sheila Loh Sin Yean Sofya Wei Wen Yong Ann Yeng Ling Yimei Zheng Xin



Shush.

Have a blog? I'd love to link you! Just leave your link below & I'll be sure to drop by ;)





Gone.

July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
July 2010
August 2010
October 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
April 2012
June 2012
July 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
July 2013
January 2014
February 2014
July 2014
August 2014
September 2014
October 2014